Pupil Contact Information and Communication
● All pupils need to have completed an online registration form before attending any class.
Any changes to the original information provided must be submitted ASAP via email to
email@example.com. Current contact information can be checked with any
member of staff to see what information is kept on file.
● A current email address is required as all correspondence will be emailed.
● One Dance Academy will send emails via Gmail, DanceBiz and/or Mailchimp to keep
parents up to date with all dance school news, upcoming exams and performance
● All data stored by One Dance Academy is stored on Google Drive and DanceBiz in
accordance with the new General Data Protection Regulations.
● Data will never be shared with anyone outside of the dance school and only relevant data
will be collated that will be used to ensure the safety of the child while in the care of One
Dance Academy. The parent of the registered child can:
○ request access to the data kept on record for their child
○ rectify/amend any existing data kept on record for their child
○ request that their child's data be forgotten
● Once a child has left the dance school all records will be deleted after 30 days.
● Invoices will be sent via DanceBiz and are payable in advance of the term starting.
● All customers are required to make payment via GoCardless Direct Debit, unless previously agreed
with the office, and must be paid in advance of the new term.
● Late invoices will incur a late payment fee of £5 for each week the fees remain
● Cancellation of the Direct Debit mandate without prior notice and with a balance
outstanding on the invoice will incur a £5 admin charge to reinstate the invoice and
payment of the invoice will be required immediately.
● To cancel the Direct Debit mandate an email should be sent to
firstname.lastname@example.org by the date specified each term.
● Absence from class for sickness or holiday in term time will not be refunded.
Notice of Intent to Leave
● If you no longer wish your child to attend dance classes at One Dance Academy an email
should be sent to email@example.com providing 6 weeks notice.
● A leaving date will be calculated by a member of the admin team and an email will be sent
confirming receipt of the notice to leave and the amount of money that will be due/refunded
for fees after the leaving date.
● All pupils are welcome to participate in Class Assessments, shows, and extra events.
We no longer offer official RAD examinations.
● All extra activities will incur an extra cost, to cover studio/theatre hire, costume fees, teacher fees,
and admin costs for certificates/medals etc. Late fees apply as above.
No extra activities are compulsory.
● The correct uniform and hair must be worn for all classes.
● Shoes and dancewear must be fitted correctly as badly fitted items are a danger to the
● Students’ hair must be securely tied, and off of their face for class work, a bun must be
worn for ballet class for all stages.
● No jewellery may be worn at any time.
Photography and Videos
● The taking of videos and photographs is not allowed by students or visitors during dance
classes or shows unless permission is granted by the class teacher.
● Uploading any images of students, other than your child(ren) onto websites such as
Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or YouTube is strictly forbidden by anybody except the school.
● Occasionally requests are made for students to be photographed, interviewed or videoed
by outside organisations. This will only take place should parents/guardians have
provided consent on the original registration form when they joined One Dance Academy.
Child Protection Laws
● Teachers have to adhere strictly to all Child Protection Policies, and we ask that parents do
● There will be times when postural and technical corrections have to be made by physical
contact, and this, of course, will be kept to an absolute minimum. However, it is
impossible to teach dance without any physical contact, and we would like to make
parents aware of this.
● Teaching staff will accompany young children to the toilet where necessary unless
otherwise instructed via the original registration form.
Mobile Phones & Personal Items
● The school will not be liable for any losses or damages.
● Mobile phones must be switched off during class.
Bullying & Cyber Bullying
● Bullying or maltreatment of a student or teacher whilst studying at One Dance Academy is absolutely
● Bullying by electronic means (e-mail, text, facebook etc) will be treated like any other kind
of bullying and further action will be taken.
Illness or Injury
● Teachers need to be informed if a child is feeling unwell or has an injury prior to them
● On your contact information form we require details of any relevant medical issues, and if
your child is taking medication which they may need to administer themselves.
● Please be on time, as we try to ensure that all classes start on time.
● Please join the 1DA Facebook Group to ensure you are kept up to date with cancellation of
classes because of dangerous road conditions and to keep up to date with class
● If a student continues to miss classes often (other than for illness) Miss Natalie reserves the
right to take them off the register and they will not be entered in for exams or participate
in the show.
● It is appreciated if parents can let us know when their child cannot make the dance class.
● If a teacher is unable to run the sessions, a text will be sent, followed by an email with details
of a Catch Up Class OR Credit for the next term fees.
● Refunds are unavailable for any missed sessions.
● Parents are invited to watch their children & dance classes at scheduled Watching Week's
throughout the year.
● Parents are not allowed in the hall for any other reason.
Communication with Dance Teachers
● All of our dance teachers will be willing to discuss any aspect of your child's progress at the
end of dance classes - but please bear in mind that they need to ensure that all dance
classes start on time. Should you need to have a more in depth discussion please contact
Miss Natalie directly outside of dance class times and she will be more than happy to talk
● Anything relating to admin/fees should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org